Monday, September 14

And the journey begins...

Hello all! Well, this is my first blog as well as my first post and I have to admit that I'm a little nervous. I've already rewritten that first sentence about ten times. I'm hoping this gets better as I go along..

But that's besides the point. The point is to tell you what Scenic Pages is all about and what you can expect from it. So, first off, Scenic Pages is a book review blog which is all from the perspective of a 20-something-year-old who just loves to read. I'm that nerd you see reading a book while she's walking across the street about to be hit by a semi and as oblivious as can be. You can expect my opinion on all sorts of books as well as possibly articles about literature from other sources which I happen to find interesting or relevant.

Please let me know if there's a book that I just HAVE to read, or if you think I haven't covered enough of one genre, or if you just plain don't agree with my opinion. I would love to get feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren... I just finished Jonathan Safran Foer's second novel, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It's brilliant and a worthy follow up to Everything is Illuminated. Assuming he keeps writing and producing such quality work he's a potential Pulitzer nominee. I'm enjoying The Secret Life of Bees on my travels this week.... Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I loved Everything is Illuminated and have heard a lot of great stuff about Extremely Loud, so maybe that'll be next on my list! Right now I'm reading Philip Roth for the first time and enjoying him so far...

    ReplyDelete