Tuesday, September 15

Movies vs. Books

Have you ever looked around on the bus and tried to notice what your fellow commuters' reading material was? I did that the other day and, lo and behold, practically every woman with a novel in hand was reading The Time Traveler's Wife.

I might be the only one who thinks like this, so bear with me, but it pisses me off when the only reason people will pick up a book is because it was made into This Year's No. 1 Movie! Almost always, the movie version does no justice to the novel (with the exception of Wuthering Heights starring Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche).

What's your opinion? Are there lots of movies based on books out there that are better than the written version and I've just totally missed out on them?

3 comments:

  1. this is rachel I am not feeling like going to my facebook and michaels was up so ya lol but I capture the castle was equally a great book and a great movie I think and the movies can do a great job making books to movies only its hard to make them as good at times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wuthering Heights with Tom Hardy and Charlotte Riley is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel- Yeah, I agree that the movie I Capture the Castle is great, but I still think the book is better.

    Rob- I gave that one a try but still like the Fiennes/Binoche one better.

    ReplyDelete