Tuesday, October 27

A Confession..



Well, I have done what all book-lovers fear (possibly) most: I have lost a book. The said book was All in the Dances: A Brief Life of George Balinchine by Terry Teachout.

I had only gotten about a third of the way through, so I cannot give it a full review. I will say that, being a dancer myself, I found a lot of the information to be common knowledge, but that may not the case for all of you non-ballerinas out there. If you're interested in getting a brief overview of one of the most celebrated choreographers the dance world has ever known, I would suggest you check out the book. Personally, I wasn't heartbroken not to finish it because it read a little dry and contained a lot of facts I already learned in my dance history class.

Now, I get to read "The Peabody Sisters" by Megan Marshall, a biography that was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize. Don't expect to see this review for awhile though since the book is 602 pages (which includes more than 100 pages of footnotes).

No comments:

Post a Comment