Friday, October 16

Gawker



A little disclaimer before I begin- I am not a fan of gossip. Not in the form of tabloids, Web sites, Access Hollywood, whatever. But Gawker does occasionally amuse me.

After reading two of Foer's books (as I said in my last post), I decided to find out what other people had to say about his work. I knew some people didn't like the author but I figured it might just be because he had two bestsellers and they were jealous.

This article by Gawker shed some light on the situation. I was really surprised by the fact that he's bought a new 6.75 MILLION dollar home in NYC with his wife (and fellow author) Nicole Krauss. Is that really necessary for two people??? Gawker followed up with another piece claiming that Krauss explained they needed this new place because they were planning on having two kids and "...obviously we all need our own floor."

Um, actually, that's not very obvious. In reality, Nicole, kids share rooms and parents are lucky if they get a floor to themselves. Welcome to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment