Monday, November 16

Live Alone and Like It


Since I've recently been talking about fairly lengthy and serious novels, I thought today I'd feature a fun, little read that I find rather hilarious. It's called Live Alone and Like It by Marjorie Hillis.

It was originally published in 1936 and holds advice for single women on how to live by oneself stylishly. It contains chapters with titles such as "Pleasures of a Single Bed," "A Lady and Her Liquor" and "Solitary Refinement."

I recently lent this to a friend who loved it so much that she immediately ordered two copies, one for herself and the other for her sister.

So ladies, if you're in need of a Christmas present for a single friend or just a pick-me-up for yourself, I highly recommend this book. I guarantee you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment