Thursday, November 5

Missing home..


About this time every year, I begin to get really homesick. Even though I now consider Pittsburgh my home, I do miss my hometown and family a lot sometimes.

One of the things I miss most about back home is our cute little bookstores like the Doylestown Bookshop. It's literally a few blocks from my house and has a great selection.

Another favorite of mine is a used bookstore that's in this huge, old townhouse and is divided into two parts. The first part has a lot of contemporary fiction, biographies and such and the other specializes in older copies of classics. I've got many a book there, and for a great price, too!

Although I love the smell of new books just off the press (yes, I know I'm a nerd), I don't think anything can beat the worn appeal of an old novel. In my new apartment, I have lots of bookshelves and plan to fill them to the brim with old books.

Do you have a favorite used book?

No comments:

Post a Comment